The DW Mobile Witness™ app turns the camera on a supported smartphone or tablet into a surveillance camera that can be viewed and recorded with a Digital Watchdog VMAX IP Plus™ PoE NVR (Network Video Recorder).* Simply download the app and type in your NVR’s IP Address/URL, port, user name and password. Now, when you press the button in the app to activate your video camera, you are transmitting and recording live video to your NVR!
To download the app, go to the Google Play Store and search “DW Witness”. You can also go to our website here and click on the Google Play Store button to go directly to the app’s page.
- You Control the Connection and Recording from the App.
- Supports Front and Rear Cameras.
- Provides a “Black Box” for Vehicles.
- Provides personal security and safety as portable camera.
- Video Resolution: 1080p, 720p, 480p or 240p. (Resolution of Kitkat: 480p, 240p)
- Frame Rate: 30fps, 25fps, 15fps or 5fps. (Frame of Kitkat: 15fps, 5fps)
- Flash Control : On or Off.
- Transmits the smartphone or tablet’s current location.
- VMAX IP Plus™ PoE NVRs (Requires firmware v126.96.36.199 or higher).
Android Devices SUPPORTED:
- Android with Kitkat (v4.4) or higher.
- Wi-Fi connection or 3G/4G data service required.
- At least one available channel on the NVR side.
- Network connectivity between smartphone/tablet and NVR.
to download the full technical bulletin
TECHNICAL HELP AND ASSISTANCE:
We are constantly working to improve any issues and update the app. If you experi-ence any problems after
installation or update, please contact our Technical Support Department at email@example.com. A quick email to our support team helps our devel-opers to identify and resolve issues faster.
* IMPORTANT NOTE: There must be an available channel on your VMAX IP Plus™ PoE NVR. Enter into the app the URL of your NVR, the NVR’s User ID and Password. If the phone or tab-let is connected to the Internet, your camera now appears on your NVR and is being recorded