To: Digital Watchdog® CustomersDate: July, 2015Re: VMAX IP Plus™ Firmware Update Unifies 2.1MP and 5MP Versions into a Single Firmware File
Digital Watchdog announces the release of new firmware for VMAX IP Plus™ NVRs. The firmware is available for download on our website and from our FTP server at the links below.
Release Notes for version 22.214.171.124:
- A unified firmware file is now available for NVRs monitoring 2.1MP and 5MP cameras. The new unified firmware file simplifies the upgrade process for all VMAX IP Plus™ NVR models running firmware to monitor both 2.1MP and up to 5MP cameras. The new unified firmware file also removes the previous limitation of channel numbers when running the firmware for 5MP cameras. The new firmware allows users to maximize their systems and use the full number of available channels for cameras up to 5MP resolution.
How to upgrade the VMAX IP Plus™ manually via a USB drive:
1. Download the firmware for your VMAX IP Plus NVR from the table above or from the product page on our website.
2. If your VMAX IP Plus™ is currently running firmware for 5MP cameras, the firmware’s file name will have to be updated as following:
VMAX IP Plus Model
|Current Firmware File Name:||Firmware File Name Should be Renamed:|
|VMAX IP Plus 9-Channel NVR (4-Channels PoE Plus 5 Bonus Channels)||hn-6209_dw_v126.96.36.199.bin||hn-6304_dw_v188.8.131.52.bin|
|VMAX IP Plus 12-Channel NVR (8-Channels PoE Plus 4 Bonus Channels)||hn-6212_dw_v184.108.40.206.bin||hn-6309_dw_v220.127.116.11.bin|
|VMAX IP Plus 16-Channel PoE NVR||hn-6316_dw_v18.104.22.168.bin||hn-6409_dw_v22.214.171.124.bin|
3. Transfer the newly named file to a supported USB drive.
4. Go to the NVR and plug the USB drive into one of the available USB ports.
5. Right-click anywhere on the screen and select ‘MENU’.
6. Go to the ‘SYSTEM’ sub-menu and select the Information tab.
7. Click on the ‘UPGRADE’ button to open the firmware upgrade screen.
8. Make sure “USB HDD/STICK” is selected and press SCAN to locate your USB drive in the system.
9. The NVR will automatically show you the files found within the USB drive and the firmware version compared to the current one. Select the appropriate file and press ‘START’ to begin the upgrade process. Once the process begins, do not remove the USB drive or turn the system off. Once the upgrade is complete, the NVR will reboot.
For any future upgrades, you will be able to use the downloaded file as it is named.How to upgrade the VMAX IP Plus™ automatically via the FTP link:
- Right-click anywhere on the screen and select ‘MENU’.
- Go to the ‘SYSTEM’ sub-menu and select the Information tab.
- Click on the ‘UPGRADE’ button to open the firmware upgrade screen.
- Make sure FTP is selected as the upgrade method and press ‘CHECK’.
- Click ‘OK’ to confirm and ‘START’ to start upgrading.
- When the upgrade is complete, the NVR will reboot.
to download the complete release notes. For More Information:
Digital Watchdog Customer Service
Toll Free: 866.446.3595