Technical Bulletin - New DVR Scheduled Reboot Feature
Date: December 7, 2015
Re: New DVR Scheduled Reboot Feature
DW® announces a new DVR feature for VMAX DVRs. A scheduled reboot option will allow the DVR to automatically reboot on a weekly base to maintain proper functionality and reduce the risk of malfunction or video loss.
To set up the scheduled reboot option:
- Right-click on the screen and select MENU.
- Go to the SYSTEM menu and select SYSTEM INFO sub-menu.
- Click SCHEDULE REBOOT.
- In the pop-up window, check the box next to USE to enable.
- Select the day of the week and the hour of the day. For example, every Tuesday at 15:00 (3:00PM).
- Click OK to save or CANCEL to exist without saving.
The new feature is available on the following products:
- VMAX 960H™
- VMAX 960H Flex™
- VMAX 960H Core™
- VMAX A1™
- VMAX IP™
To upgrade your recorder:
- Go to www.digital-watchdog.com and go to the DVR’s product page.
- Under Downloads, download the latest firmware. Once the file is downloaded, unzip it, and copy it to a USB.
- Plug the USB with the new firmware into your DVR.
- Right-click anywhere on the screen and select MENU à SYSTEM MENU and click UPGRADE next to the version number.
- Select ‘USB’ from the Method drop down options and press the ‘Scan’ button.
- Once the system detects the USB drive, it will display the firmware file under ‘Upgrade File Name’ and the ‘New Ver’.
- Click START to begin the upgrade.
You may also use the FTP upgrade option in your recorder. Refer to your recorder’s full manual for more information.
For More Information:
DW® Customer Service
Toll Free: 866.446.3595