VMAX A1™ New Camera Event Group Recording Feature
To: Digital Watchdog®
Date: April 20, 2016
Re: VMAX A1™ New Camera
Event Group Recording Feature
Digital Watchdog announces a new feature
in the VMAX A1™ DVR series. The new feature, Camera Event Group Recording, is
available as part of new firmware for the DVR. The feature allows users to
create recording groups with multiple cameras to record all cameras in the
group based on a sensor activation or motion event triggered by a single camera
in the group.
Use Camera Group Recording
- Right-click anywhere on the screen and
select SETUP MENU
- Go to the DEVICE menu, and select the
- Go to the master channel, the one you
want to use as the recording guide for all other cameras in the group.
- Under the GROUP REC. drop-down, select
the group you want to add the camera to (For example, GROUP A).
- Go to the next camera you want to add to
this group. Select the same group (GROUP A) from the GROUP REC. drop-down.
- Click SAVE. Repeat with all other cameras
you want to add to that group.
Recording Scenario (Channels 1, 2 and
3 are GROUP A):
- Channel 1- Motion Recording, Channel 2-Sensor
Recording, Channel 3- Continuous Recording.
- Channel 2 & Channel 3 will follow Channel 1’s
(Master CH) recording schedule.
- When one of the cameras detects motion,
all 3 cameras in the group will start recording (Channel 1’s motion setting).
- Setting up PANIC recording for a camera
in a group will trigger panic recording for all channels of the DVR.
- If the master camera’s settings are set
via the quick setup mode, all other cameras in the group will follow the same
quick setup mode schedule if an event is detected.
- The Event Camera Group recordings work on
sensor activation and motion detection.
For More Information:
Digital Watchdog Customer Service
Toll Free: 866.446.3595