VMAX A1™ New Camera Event Group Recording Feature
To: DW® Customers
Date: April 20, 2016
Re: VMAX A1™ New Camera Event Group Recording Feature
DW® announces a new feature in the VMAX A1™ DVR series. The new feature, Camera Event Group Recording, is available as part of new firmware for the DVR. The feature allows users to create recording groups with multiple cameras to record all cameras in the group based on a sensor activation or motion event triggered by a single camera in the group.
To Use Camera Group Recording
- Right-click anywhere on the screen and select SETUP MENU
- Go to the DEVICE menu, and select the CAMERA submenu.
- Go to the master channel, the one you
want to use as the recording guide for all other cameras in the group.
- Under the GROUP REC. drop-down, select the group you want to add the camera to (For example, GROUP A).
- Go to the next camera you want to add to this group. Select the same group (GROUP A) from the GROUP REC. drop-down.
- Click SAVE. Repeat with all other cameras you want to add to that group.
ExampleRecording Scenario (Channels 1, 2 and 3 are GROUP A):
- Channel 1- Motion Recording, Channel 2-Sensor
Recording, Channel 3- Continuous Recording.
- Channel 2 & Channel 3 will follow Channel 1’s (Master CH) recording schedule.
- When one of the cameras detects motion, all 3 cameras in the group will start recording (Channel 1’s motion setting).
- Setting up PANIC recording for a camera in a group will trigger panic recording for all channels of the DVR.
- If the master camera’s settings are set via the quick setup mode, all other cameras in the group will follow the same quick setup mode schedule if an event is detected.
- The Event Camera Group recordings work on sensor activation and motion detection.
For More Information:
DW® Customer Service
Toll Free: 866.446.3595