Date: January 20, 2016
Re: New Camera OSD
Virtual Controller Feature
DW® announces the release of
a new firmware version 18.104.22.168.89 for the VMAX A1™ DVRs. The firmware includes a new intuitive OSD
control menu for AHD cameras. The new OSD control menu is available in PTZ
control mode for AHD cameras connected to the DVR via UTC. The new function
allows you to show or hide the controller, move the camera digitally, digitally
zoom in our out and access the cameras OSD menu.
To access the camera’s OSD menu:
- Make sure you are connecting an AHD
camera to the DVR that supports UTC protocol.
- Right-click anywhere on the screen and
- Go to the Device sub-menu and
select the UTC/PTZ tab.
- In the UTC/PTZ setup menu, make
sure the camera is enabled for PTZ control via UTC by setting up the following
- Select the channel number from the drop-down at
the top left pf the window.
- Select PELCO-C AHD as the protocol.
- Set the Baudrate to 9600 BPS.
- Press the ‘Copy Setting’ button to apply
these settings to other cameras.
- Press ‘Save’ to save all changes and
- Go to the camera’s live view and click on
it to make sure you are in single channel mode.
- Right-click on the screen and select PTZ
- Once in PTZ Control, right-click on the
screen again and select ‘Show Controller’. The small OSD controller will
appear on the screen.
To upgrade your
- Go to www.digital-watchdog.com and go to the
DVR’s product page.
Downloads, download the latest firmware. Once the file is downloaded, unzip it,
and copy it to a USB.
- Plug the USB
with the new firmware into your DVR.
anywhere on the screen and select MENU à SYSTEM
MENU and click UPGRADE next to the version
- Select ‘USB’
from the Method drop down options and press the ‘Scan’ button.
- Once the system
detects the USB drive, it will display the firmware file under ‘Upgrade File
Name’ and the ‘New Ver’.
- Click START to begin the
- You may also
use the FTP upgrade option in your recorder. Refer to your recorder’s full
manual for more information.
For More Information:
DW® Customer Service
Toll Free: 866.446.3595